VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.28.2016 ~ 10.30.2016
- 7, Silleuksa-gil, Yeoju-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 여주시 신륵사길 7 (천송동)
- Silleuksa Temple Resort area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-887-3718, 3716
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeoju Ogok Naru Festival Organizing Committee / Yeoju-si
- The Silleuksa Temple Resort area hosts the Yeoju Ogok Naru Festival. This festival is a
place for visitors to see Yeoju's argricultural and local products, such
as rice, sweet potatos, peanuts and fruits.
- - Ssireum (Korean wrestling) class
- Ssireum demonstration
- Ssireum contest
- Jumak experience (traditional Korean pub)
Makgeolli (rice wine) tasting, bindae-tteok (mung bean pancake), sundae-gukbap (Korean sausage and rice soup), pajeon (green onion pancake) and others
- Blacksmith's workshop
- Ride a Hwangpo sailboat.
- Jangteo (traditional Korean marketplace) experience
- Fly a traditional Korean kite
- Ogok Naru Singing Contest
- Ganammyeon Bonduri Nakhwanori: Ashes of burnt buckwheat straw and pine tree bark
are wrapped in Hanji (traditional Korean paper) and floated in the air with string to decorate
the night skies with dancing flames.
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
- Additional Events
- - Ssangyong Tug-of-war
- Water Fireworks
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Yeoju (여주).
- Seoul Express Bus Terminal: schedule 06:30-22:00, at 30min intervals
- Dong Seoul Bus Terminal schedule: 06:30-22:30, at 30min intervals
(Subject to change)
Come out of Yeoju Bus Terminal and walk to the right for about 100
m, then take Bus 991, 993, or 992-1 from the bus stop in front of the post
Get off at the Silleuksa Temple (신륵사) Bus Stop (5 stops, about 10-15 minutes).
Or, take a taxi to the venue from the bus terminal.
(3.5 km / the taxi fare will cost around 5,000 won / 9-12 min)
- http://yjfestival.co.kr (Korean only)