VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 07.30.2015 ~ 08.02.2015 Finished
- 22, Supiryeong-ro, Sanae-myeon, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 화천군 사내면 수피령로 22 (사내면)
- Area of Sanae-myeon, Hwacheon-gun
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-440-2911 (Korean Only)
- Sponsors / Management
- Hwacheon-gun County Office, Hwacheon Hwaaksan Tomato Farming Association Corporation / Hwacheon Tomato Festival Organizing Committee
- The Hwacheon Tomato Festival is held annually for consecutive four days, an extension from the usual three-days event held previously, based on opinions of tourists and residents. This festival will be held in Sanae-myeon in Hawcheon-gun. Starting off with an opening ceremony, followed by pungmulnori (traditional percussion music & dance), singing contest, unique exciting events and various hands-on programs.
- [Stage Zone]
- Fireworks, celebratory performance, tomato singing contest, etc.
- Tomato sliding, free dance contest, juldarigi (tug of war), ssireum (wrestling), etc.
- Water pedal boat pool, Water slide pool
- Face painting, nail art, rainbow tatoo, caricature, tomato soccer field, tomato mask pack, etc.
※ Check the festival's website for the complete schedule
- Performance Times
- July 30, 2015 (13:00-23:00)
July 31-August 1 (10:00-22:00)
August 2 (10:00-18:00)
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (Some programs may require additional fees.)
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal,
take an intercity bus bound for Sachang-ri Bus Terminal.
From the terminal, walk toward Sanae-ro for about 450 m and the venue will be
on the left.
(Travel time: 2 hours)
From Chuncheon Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Sachang-ri, Sanae-myeon
For more information (www.chterminal.co.kr)
(Travel time: 1 hour)