VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 07.29.2016 ~ 08.02.2016
- 68, Samhak-ro 92beon-gil, Mokpo-si, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 목포시 삼학로92번길 68 (산정동)
- Mokpohang Port, Simhakdo Island
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-270-8441~2
- Sponsors / Management
- Mokpo-si / Maritime Cultural Festival Committee
- Mokpo Port Festival will be held in Mokpohang Port and Samhakdo Island areas to offer various performance and hands-on program. This festival was chosen as one of Up-and-Coming Festivals by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism for consecutive four years and tries to show features of ocean city and local characteristics for visitors to enjoy its romantic ambience.
- [Main stage]
- Youth festival, multicultural family festival, rock festival, circus, dance performance, etc.
- Talent donation performance, traditional dance, gayageum (Korean music instrument) performance, worker’s band performance, etc.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Program Details
- [Main program]
- Gilnori (parade), pungeoje (ritual prayer for a bountiful catch), etc.
- Fish market alley, fish lantern festival, etc.
[Performance and Contest program]
- Rowing contest, crossing Mokpohang Port by recycled items, passion dance festival, etc.
- Catching fish, yacht, kayak, canoe activity, making ceramic experience, etc.
※ Programs subject to change.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a express bus bound for Mokpo
(4hr 20min travel time)
From Mokpo Intercity Bus Terminal, take bus 200 and get off at DongMyeong-dong intersection
(동명동사거리) bus stop (15 stops, 22min).
Walk for about 500m (approx 9min) along Samhak Street (삼학로) until you
reach Samhakdo (삼학도).
- mokpofestival.com(Korean only)