- 10.05.2018 ~ 10.07.2018 Finished
- 68, Samhak-ro 92beon-gil, Mokpo-si, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 목포시 삼학로92번길 68
- Area of Mokpohang Port & Samhakdo Island
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-270-8441~3
- Sponsors / Management
- Mokpo-si / Mokpo Festival Organization Committee
- Since Mokpo opened its port in 1897, it has played an important role in trading and as a transportation hub, helping the city to become the top three port city and top six city overall in the nation. To this day, it is the central city of the southwest coast and has various ocean cultures as well as modern history. Mokpo Port Festival is held to preserve and promote the forgotten ocean culture. Also, diverse programs such as Pasi Market, featuring abundant fishery products, a ritual for a big catch of fish, Gilnori (Street Parade), and other romantic events are prepared for all visitors to enjoy.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Additional Events
- - Mokpo Yudalsan Marathon
- Mokpo National Photography Contest
- Peace Plaza Fishing Event
- Program Details
- [Traditional Portside Tavern Experience, Gohado Island Cotton Field Experience]
- Nostalgia Fish Market, 7080 Acoustic Guitar Fringe Concert, Fish-shaped Wish Lantern Tunnel, Nostalgia Roller Rink, etc.
- Mokpo Port Fresh Marketplace, Air Fair, Gilmaek (Street Beer) Festival, Southbound Train Tent & Namjin Night Market, Electric Instrument Quartet, Family Cooking Contest, Fish Halloween & EDM Party, Harborside Fireworks Show, etc.
- Festival Eve “Mokpo Singing Contest”
- Opening Ceremony “Harbor Musical Concert”
- Mokpo Harbor “Ocean Concert”
- Honam Region Youth Festival
- Honam Region Multicultural Family Festival
- Citizens’ Hobby Group Presentations
- Fall Athletic Competition
- Dancing God, Dancing King, Photogenic Contest
- Fishing Competition
- Aquatic Leisure Experience (pedal boat, kayak, etc.)
- Mokpo Port Yacht & Dinghy Experience
- RC Boat Experience & Race
- Aqua Doctor Experience
- Personal Ornament-Making
- Fish Mask-making
- Bare-handed Fishing Experience
* Programs subject to change.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a express bus bound for Mokpo
(4hr 20min travel time)
From Mokpo Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 200 and get off at DongMyeong-dong intersection (동명동사거리) bus stop (15 stops, 22min).
Walk for about 500m (approx 9min) along Samhak Street (삼학로) until you reach Samhakdo (삼학도).
- www.mokpo.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.