VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.15.2015 ~ 05.18.2015 Finished
- 37, Guncheong-gil, Yeongyang-eup, Yeongyang-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 영양군 영양읍 군청길 37 (서부리)
- Yeongyang-gun Office, Ilwolsan Mountrain areas
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-680-6314
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongyang-gun Office /
- Yeongyang-gun is where Ilwolsan Montain and the Nakdonggang River meet. The town also
takes pride in being home to several writers and martyred patriots. With its clean natural environment, Yeongyang-gun produces a large amount of wild greens that
can grow only in uncontaminated areas.
Yeongyang Wild Greens Festival celebrates sannamul (wild greens), a gift of
nature. Sannamul are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber, and used in a various Korean dishes.
They also used to be presented to kings in ancient days. At the festival, various events will be held such as foraging
for and gathering wild greens.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
- Additional Events
- - Making a giant bowl of wild greens bibimbap (feeds about 1,200 people)
- How to Particpate
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Yeongyang (영양).
*Bus schedule (Subject to change): 08:20 10:40 13:50 15:30 16:10
From Yeongyang Bus Terminal (영양버스정류장), go right towards the Olleh building (a
red "o" sign is on top of the building).
Go straight 125m and then turn right at the Korea Post (a red bird sign is on top of the building).
Go straight 400m till the YEONGYANG COUNTY OFFICE (영양군청) sign (blue street sign).
Turn left at the sign and then go straight for 150m to arrive at the festival venue, Yeongyang-gun Office.