VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 3200 Seongju-ro, Seongju-eup, Seongju-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 성주군 성주읍 성주로 3200 (성주읍)
- Seongbaksup (성밖숲) and nearby areas, Seongju-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-930-6763 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Seongju-gun Festival Orginizing Committee /
- Seongju Life Culture Festival will be held every year with the theme of “birth, life, and death.” Various cultural events will be held including reenacting the parade to bury the king’s umbilical cord, a traditional funeral, ancestral ceremonies, and more. Being the most famous city for the oriental melon in Korea, the festival will also showcase oriental melons, and a many dishes that use the fruit. Visitors can also try out gamju (sweet rice wine), the specialty of Seongju City.
Opening ceremony, music performances
Oriental melons Events
A various participatory activities of experiencing daily life in the past
Inspire patriotism Events
Traditional Cultural activities
Water related activities
* Program details are subject to change and vary each year.
Find more information at the official webpage.
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages
- From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Seongju (성주).
*Bus schedule (Bus schedule): 10:08 12:00 14:00 15:00 16:45
From Seongju Bus Terminal (성주버스정류장), go left (Won Buddhism Seongju Temple, 원불교성주교당 is on the right side) for 400m.
When you see the stream, turn right and follow the stream for 550m.
The festival venue (Seongbaksup, 성밖숲) is on the left.
- www.sjlife.kr (Korean only)