VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 30, Seongbaksup-gil, Seongju-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 성주군 성주읍 성밖숲길 30 (성주읍)
- Seongbak Forest, Seongju-eup
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-930-6763 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Seongju-gun Festival Orginizing Committee /
- As the thousand years of Silla started in Gyerim and Roman civilization started from the forest of Palatino, forests are birthplaces of life and culture. The festival venue of Seongju Life Culture Festival is Seongbak Forest which is comprised of 500-year-old big willows. This year’s festival focuses on the story of big willows.
- - Opening ceremony & Torch ceremony
- Prenatal music concert
- Seongju Chamoe (oriental melon) singing contest
- Gyeongsangbuk-do singing contest
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free / Paid programs
- Additional Events
- - Children’s Taekgyeon Competition
- National Sijo Reciting Contest
- Seongju Promotional Hall
- Oriental melon ecological hall
- Program Details
- - Small music concert in the forest
- Busking performance
- Traditional wedding
- Oriental melon auction
- Traditional folk culture experience
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages
- From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Seongju (성주).
*Bus schedule (Bus schedule): 10:08 12:00 14:00 15:00 16:45
From Seongju Bus Terminal (성주버스정류장), go left (Won Buddhism Seongju Temple, 원불교성주교당 is on the right side) for 400m.
When you see the stream, turn right and follow the stream for 550m.
The festival venue (Seongbaksup, 성밖숲) is on the left.
- www.sjlife.kr (Korean only)