VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 11.06.2015 ~ 11.08.2015 Finished
- 76, Jinnam-ro, Jinyeong-eup, Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 김해시 진영읍 일원
- Jinyeong Public Playground, Jinyeong-eup
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info:
Jinyeong Sweet Persimmon Festival Committee
- Jinyeong area of Gimhae has a perfect climate and natural environment to cultivate sweet persimmons. The annual average temperature is 14℃ and the mountains around the area protect the town from sea breezes and typhoons. With skilled farmers having over 80 years of persimmon cultivation experience, Jinyeong is one of the most famous regions for persimmons in Korea. The Jinyeong Sweet Persimmon Festival is held every October to celebrate a year of good harvest.
- - opening ceremony
- contest (eating, peeling, and piling the persimmons)
- singing contest
- painting contest
- awards ceremony
- art and musical performances
- judging contest
- free sampling stalls
- specialty stores
*Note: program details are subject to change without notice.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all age.
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Gimhae (김해).
Right in front of the Gimhae Passenger Terminal (김해여객터미널), take Bus 14 to Bugok (부곡) bus stop.
From the bus stop, go right for 150m until the crosswalk.
Turn right towards the railroad and go 200m through Hyupseong (협성) apartment complex.
Turn right at the highway and go for 80m.
At the first crosswalk, cross the road to the left to arrive Jinyeong Public Playground. (Blue sign says “김해시청소년수련관”)
- www.dangam.or.kr (Korean only)