VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.07.2016 ~ 10.09.2016 Finished
- 63, Bukcheon-ro, Sangju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 상주시 북천로 63 (만산동)
- Bukcheon Park
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-537-7109
- Sponsors / Management
- Sangju-si / Committee of Sangju-si Festival
- Sangju-si in Gyeongsangbuk-do is known as Gamgoeul (literally
"persimmon village") since it exports a large quantity of persimmons annually. Naturally, there are many local stories related to the fruit. Every autumn as persimmons ripen, the city holds a festival to celebrate its specialty and to continue the tradition of telling its Gamgoeul stories.
The Sanju Gamgoeul Story Festival puts on major programs, including an opening ceremony, performances, and various hands-on experience programs.
- Opening & Closing ceremony, DJ’s post box story, Bike story contest, bike parade, etc.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free admission / Paid hands-on program
- Program Details
- Cultwo Story Show, Kim Donghwa’s Red Bike Story, Kim Bonggon’s Hoechori (cane) Story
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all age.
Take an intercity bus bound for Sangju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Upon exiting from the terminal, walk for about 166m to arrive at Sangju Bus Terminal Bus Stop (상주종합버스터미널) and take local bus going to Sangsan Electronic High School (상산전자고등학교) direction.
Walk for about 2 minutes to arrive at the Bukcheon Park, the main venue of the festival.
- www.sangjustory.com (Korean only)