VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.12.2012 ~ 08.12.2012 Finished
- Sujeong-dong, Yeosu-si, Jeollanam-do
전남 여수시 수정동
- New Port Area, Yeosu-si, Jeollanam-do
• 1330 tt call center: +82-61-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1577-2012,
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeosu-si / The Organizing Committee for Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea
- Following the Daejeon Expo in 1993, the Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea is the nation’s second expo to be recognized by the BIE (Bureau of International Exhibitions). The expo’s seaside Yeosu City venue highlights the main focus of the expo: the ocean and its value as a natural resource.
Exhibition centers of the Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea include the Theme Center, Korea Center, Sub-theme Center (Climate Change & Environment, Ocean Industry & Technology, Ocean Civilization, Ocean City and Ocean Creatures), International Center, and Aquarium. Each center has its own unique color and contents that expand upon the grand theme of the expo, “The Living Ocean and Coast.”
The 2012 Expo Yeosu Korea will serve as a timely reminder to the global community of the value of the sea, which is closely linked to the very existence of the human race. Many also hope that the expo will be a chance for nations to come together and discuss a new, unified vision for the world’s ocean environment.
- Theme Center
The Theme Center is the nation’s first floating ocean structure. The two-story floating center is located in front of the Expo Venue and is said to best represent the expo’s theme of “The Living Ocean and Coast.”
The Korea Center is designed with beautiful curves that embody the Korean flag (Taegeuk) while representing value of the balance between fullness and emptiness. The center will remain in use even after the Expo is finished and will continue to play a role in sharing the traditional shapes and colors of Korea with global audiences.
As its name suggests, the Sub-theme Center is where the sub themes of the expo are explained and displayed in more detail. The center is divided into different sections such as Climate Change, Ocean Industry & Technology, Ocean Civilization/City, and Ocean Creatures around the Big-O.
Ocean Industry & Technology Center
This center focuses on the global development of a “blue economy” through the advancement of ocean industries and technology. The center seeks to show visitors the tremendous importance of the future of the ocean industry and its ability to create significant employment and other opportunities.
Under the theme of ‘Foundation of Life, the World of Wonders,’ the center celebrates the ocean as a treasure trove of biodiversity. Here visitors can discover the importance of protecting ocean creatures and the priceless ocean eco-system.
- Admission/Participation Fees
* Ticket sales schedule
1st Advanced ticket sales (June 28, 2011-August
31, 2011): 15% off
2nd Advanced ticket sales (September 1, 2011-December
31, 2011): 10% off
3rd Advanced ticket sales (January 1, 2012-April 30, 2012): 5% off
* Regular Tickets
Adults (19-64): 33,000 won / Group: 27,000 won
(13-18): 25,000 won / Group: 17,000 won
Children (4-12): 19,000 won / Group:
* Group: 30 people or more
* Peak day tickets
(Date: May 12-13, May 26-28, August 10-12)
Youths: 30,000 won
Children: 23,000 won
* Tickets purchased online will be distributed onsite.
* Group tickets can be purchased after January 1, 2012.
* Group tickets are not available for Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays & Peak days.
* Regular tickets are not vaild on peak days.
* Peak day tickets can be purchased online
in limited quantities.
- Age Limit
- None (Visitors of all ages are welcome)
- Ticket Reservations
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
- Take an intercity
bus to Yeosu Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Yeosu Terminal, take a shuttle
bus or a local bus bound for Odong-do
(오동도) to the Expo venue.
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese, French)