VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 07.12.2016 ~ 08.09.2016 Finished
- 325, Solbong-ro, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 대관령면 솔봉로 325 (대관령면)
- Pyeongchang Dagwallyeong Alpensia Resort, Youngpyeong Resort and neighboring area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-725-3394,
- Sponsors / Management
- Gangwon-do, Gangwon Art & Culture Foundation /
- Managed by Gangwon-do and Gangwon Arts & Culture Foundation, Pyeongchang Music Festival & School is held every year in July and August at Daegwallyeong (882m). Internationally famous musicians provide music concerts and musicians are trained during the festival.
It has been held since 2004 and has become representative classic music festival of Korea.
Aspen Music Festival, which made an abandoned city in Rocky Mountains of Colorado, USA famous, is its role model, preparing various music-related programs inside forests.
- Distinguished Artists Series (Alpensia
Dynamic performances of concertos and chamber music by world-class artists—the highlight of the Great Mountains Music Festival.
Master Class (Alpensia Convention Center- Pyeongchang Hall)
Come and hear the young talents of the Great Mountains Music School as they are coached by the most respected musicians in the world today. Witness the tradition of great artistry as it is passed down to the next generation of music masters.
Conversation with Artists (Alpensia Convention Center- Pyeongchang Hall)
Distinguished artists discuss music and social issues. Geared towards both students and the general public, this is a rare opportunity to hear the philosophies and inspirations of today’s best classical artists.
Rising Star Series (Alpensia Concert Hall)
This series showcases the brightest talents of the Great Mountains Music School who already perform regularly on international concert stages. Come and discover the next generation of great performers.
Student Recitals (Alpensia Convention Center- Pyeongchang Hall)
Students at the school hail from the most prestigious music schools around the world. Young performers from home and abroad are given the opportunity to display their skills.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Famous musician influence series
R-Seat 75,000 won / S-Seat 55,000 won / H-Seat 250,000 won
* August 3 (Wed) / Performance at 17:00 : R-Seat 55,000 won / S-Seat 45,000 won
R-Seat 90,000 won / S-Seat 70,000 won / A-Seat 55,000 won / H-Seat 250,000 won
* H Ticket (sponsored ticket): Inquiry +82-2-725-3395
* Residents in Gangwon-do and students get a 50% discount with on-site ticketing
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Additional Events
- - Opening performance
- Local artist group event
- Friendship Concert
- Cultural tour for foreigners
- How to Particpate
- * Refer to the homepage.
- Discount Information
- Refer to the homepage.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors ages 8 and up
- Ticket Reservations
- - Interpark
- Club Balcony
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal/Wonju Terminal/ Gangneung Intercity Bus Terminal take an intercity bus to Hoenggye Terminal (횡계) and take a taxi to Alpensia Resort.
To inquire for shuttle bus service and for more information, please call +82-33-339-0000
- Detailed Info on the Location