VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.08.2017 ~ 10.23.2017
- 111, Biennale-ro, Buk-gu, Gwangju
광주광역시 북구 비엔날레로 111 (용봉동)
- Gwangju Biennale Exhibition Hall, Gwangju Museum of Art, Asia Culture Center
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-62-611-5176
- Sponsors / Management
- Gwangju-si / Gwangju Design Center
- Gwangju Design Biennale was the world’s first-ever design complex festival, started in 2005. It is held every other year from September to October throughout Gwangju Biennale Exhibition Hall and downtown Gwangju. It is hosted by Gwangju-si and managed by Gwangju Design Center to show the period scene and enlarge the aesthetic, practical and economical value of design under the control of design-reading directors. The festival aims to find new designs for the future and suggest ways to interpret futuristic designs. Visitors will be able to learn how the design changes the daily life through various exhibitions.
- [Main Exhibition 1]
[Main Exhibition 2]
Design! The Future
Smart Object, Smart House & City, Connected Community, Smart Healthcare, Mobility in the Future, Connected Shopping, Energy
[Main Exhibition 3]
Startups in the Future
[Main Exhibition 4]
ASIA The Future
[Special Exhibition: VR/AR]
[Special Project 『HALO』]
Business lounge, Design fair, etc.
[International Academic Event]
Opening International Symposium (Asia Culture Center), International Academic Event (Asia Culture Center, Chosun University)
[Experience & Event]
Design experience, Service Design Porject,
Event: art picnic, etc.
Design Spot (landmark, shop, food, etc.)
- Performance Times
* Ticketing is 30 minute before closing.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Adults 12,000 won / Teenagers 6,000 won / Children 4,000 won
* Refer to the homepage for prior-reservation, group discount and special discount.
- Additional Events
- [Design Experience Workshop]
Various hands-on programs and workshops depending on exhibition and event
[Buy-Local Brand Campaign]
Exhibition: Varied subsidiary programs (outdoor plaza)
Weekend farmer's market, traditional market pop-up restaurant & cafe
Live Broadcasting: On-site live broadcasting with designer and products
Menu developing and sales made with local products
Local Food Workshop as a cafe program
[Hands-on program (visiting program]
Related program promotion for famous restaurants, accommodations, hot places in Gwangju
- Program Details
- Design exhibition (8 exhibitions), Special exhibition (2 exhibitions), Special project, Design Fair, Business Lounge, International Academic Event, Hands-on program event, etc.
- Discount Information
- * Refer to the homepage for prior-reservation, group discount and special discount.
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages round
- Ticket Reservations
- Ticketlink: www.ticketlink.co.kr
* Inquiry: +82-62-611-5170
- From Seoul Central
City Bus Terminal, take a bus to Gwangju (U-Square Terminal).
From U-Square Terminal, take Bus 64 to the Biennale Hall.
Express Bus: 05:50-21:45 (5min intervals)
Bus 64: 05:40-23:00 (23min intervals)