- 08.03.2017 ~ 08.06.2017 Finished
- Hasong-ri, Yeongwol-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 영월군 영월읍 하송리 61-9
- Areas near Donggang River in Yeongwol-gun, Gangwon-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-375-6353
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongwol-gun / Yeongwol Culture Foundation
- The Donggang ferry was once a popular mode of transportation along the Hangang River. While it was gradually outdated with the growth of highways and mass transportation, the ferry was a useful mode of transportation and the livelihood of people living upstream of the Hangang River. The festival commemorates and reproduces the lives of these people and their local culture. With the beautiful Donggang River as a backdrop, the event offers a wide array of performances, cultural events (honoring the Joseon poet Kim Sat-gat), and outdoor activities (rafting, hang gliding, paragliding, etc). The festival hosts many fun activities visitors to Yeongwol County can enjoy.
- - Performance event: Celebrating performance, concert, fireworks, etc.
- Hands-on program: Catching trout with bare-hands, water sliding, canoeing, rafting, flying pungdeung (wish lantern), etc.
- Demonstration: Traditional boat, samgut ritual, etc.
Please visit the official website for more into.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (some activities require a participation fee)
- Program Details
- Opening performance, Donggang River Rock Festival
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- Take an intercity bus to Yeongwol Bus Terminal.
The festival venue is located approx. 800m away from the terminal.
- www.ywfestival.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.