Destinations by Region

Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))

  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))
  • Silsangsa Temple (Namwon) (실상사(남원))

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
94-129, Ipseok-gil, Sannae-myeon, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 남원시 산내면 입석길 94-129 (산내면)
Type
Temples/ Religious Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-636-3031,
+82-63-636-3831
Homepage
www.silsangsa.or.kr (Korean only)
  • Information
    Introduction
    The Silsangsa Temple was constructed by monk Jeunggak, as one of nine special temples in the year 828. The temple was established because of the theory of divination, based on topology. The belief held that Korea’s good spirit would be taken away to Japan, bringing bad luck if the temple was not constructed on this particular location. The temple was reconstructed in the 26th year of Joseon Sukjong’s reign (1700) after it was completely destroyed by the Japanese invasion in 1597. However, it was almost burnt down in the 19th year of King Gojong’s reign (1882).

    It is presently preserved just as it belonged to the Unified Silla Kingdom, with its three-story pagoda and its 11 treasures with a total of 17 cultural assets. The entrance of the temple lies in the middle of a rice field and the temple has a pastoral view, surrounded by trees. From the entrance, you can cross the half-moon shaped stone bridge, and just beyond that a remarkable totem pole.

    Telephone
    +82-63-636-3031

    Closed
    N/A (Open all year round)

    Activity Information
    Temple stay

    Parking Facilities
    Available

    Admission Fees
    Adults: 1,500 won / Group: 1,300 won
    Youths: 1,200 won / Group: 1,000 won
    Children: 800 won / Group: 700 won
    * Group: 30 people or more

    Parking Fees
    Free

    Pets
    Not permitted

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation