Destinations by Region

Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)

  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)
  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)
  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)
  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)
  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)
  • Yecheon Samgangjumak (예천 삼강주막)

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
166-1 Samgang-ri, Pungyang-myeon, Yecheon-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 예천군 풍양면 삼강리길 27
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-650-6391
Homepage
http://tour.ycg.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
http://english.cha.go.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
  • Information
    Introduction
    A place where people can see traditional jumak (small taverns serving food and liquor), Samgangjumak serves food for people who travel through Samgang Port, offers rooms for peddlers to stay, and provides poets with a place to sit and get inspirations for their poems.

    Built around 1900, this tavern is small but the floor plan is so compact that its historical value in Korean architecture is high. It also reflects the local history and culture of the past.

    The tavern closed after the last jumo (female owner of a jumak) Yu Okyeon died in 2006. However, it has been restored and re-opened in 2007 with a new female owner welcoming guests. The total restoration cost amounted to 150 million won (approx. US $140,000).

    [Cultural Relics Information]

    - Designation: Gyeongsangbuk-do Folk Material No.134
    - Registration date: November 20, 2005
    - Managed by: Yecheon-gun
    - Total scale: 1 building (28.67㎡)
    - Classification: Buildings

    Current Status
    [Yecheon Samgangjumak] Gyeongsangbuk-do Folk Material No. 134 (Designated on November 20, 2005)

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation