VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.30.2017 ~ 05.14.2017
- Hwangmaesan-ro, Hapcheon-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 합천군 가회면 둔내리 산 219-24
- Hwangmaesan County Park Royal Azalea Habitat
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-934-1411
- Sponsors / Management
- Hwangmaesan Royal Azalea Festival Committee /
- The Hwangmaesan Royal Azalea Festival is held every year in May at Hwangmaesan County Park. The festival started in 1997 as an effort by local and overseas residents to preserve the azalea fields through hosting local cultural events. In 2012, the mountain was also included in CNN Travel's list of
"50 Beautiful Places to Visit in Korea." Hwangmaesan is the filming site of several Korean movies such as Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War (태극기휘날리며), Welcome to Dongmakgol (웰컴투 동막골), A Story Of Bangja (방자전), Queen Seok Duk (선덕여왕), Horse Doctor (마의), and Bridal Mask (각시탈).
- Royal Azalea Ancestral Ritual, Let's play with Hapcheon Tourism! Find Hwangto Korean Beef, Writing of family motto, Hapcheon Night Mario Performance, Hapcheon Hwang Ga-ram's Saxophone Performance, Local food restaurants, Sale of special agricultural products
- Performance Times
- [Ancestral Ritual Ceremony] May 7 (Sat), 2016 / 11:00
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Age Limit
- Open to visiotors of all ages.
From Seoul’s Nambu Bus Terminal, take a bus to Hapcheon Bus Terminal.
(The bus is available 5 times a day from 10:08 to 16:45. Travel time is roughly 4 and a half hours.)
At Hapcheon Terminal take a bus bound for Deokman(덕만).
(The bus is available at 07:30, 10:10, 12:30, 13:20, 14:20, 15:40, and 18:10 and the trip takes about 40 minutes.)
Get off at Deokman bus station.
- http://hmfestival.hc.go.kr(Korean only)