VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 03.18.2017 ~ 04.09.2017
- 46, Yeollinbada 2-gil, Boryeong-si, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 보령시 웅천읍 열린바다2길 46 (웅천읍)
- Muchangpo Port and beach area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info:
Muchangpo Fishing Village: +82-41-936-3510
Muchangpo Tourism Council: +82-41-936-3561
- Sponsors / Management
- Muchangpo Festival Organizing Committee /
- The Muchangpo Mystic Sea Road Jjukkumi and Dodari Festival is held from mid-March to early April at the Mucheonpo Port area. During the festival season, there will also be an abundance of freshly caught seasonal seafood such as jjukkumi (baby octopus), gaebul (fat innkeeper worm), and shellfish.
- - Jjukkumi (baby octopus) market
- Catching Bajirak (baby clam)
- Catching Jjukkumi
- Cultivating fishing
- Jjukkumi Disco Contest
- Pumba performance
- Mystic Sea Road experience
- Tourist’s singing contest
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Varies by each program.
- Age Limit
- From Seoul Central City Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Boryeong (보령), approx. 2hr 10min travel time.
From Boryeong Bus Terminal (보령종합터미널), go left and then turn left again at the end of the terminal building.
Go straight for 100m until you reach the 4-way intersection.
At the intersection, turn left and then follow the road for 150m.
Cross the bridge and then go forward for 500m until NH NongHyup (대천농협파머스마켓).
Turn left onto Daeheung-ro (대흥로, written on the blue street sign) and then go for 70m until you reach Sijang Pharmacy (시장약국).
Take a Daecheon - Muchangpo, Ungcheon (대천 - 무창포, 웅천) route bus to Muchangpo Beach (무창포해수욕장) bus stop (33 stops, approx. 55min).
Go for 50m and then turn right.
Go for 100m to arrive at the beach.
- Detailed Info on the Location