VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.12.2013 ~ 04.21.2013 Finished
- Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 삼척시 근덕면 상맹방길 (근덕면)
- Sangmaengbang-ri, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info
Samcheok City Tourism Bureau:
- The Maengbang Flower Festival is one of the landmark spring celebrations in Korea and is held every April near Samcheok-si City in Ganwon-do Province. The festival boasts a breathtaking view of canola flowers, cherry blossoms and the blue sea of the East Coast. The festival also offers a diverse set of events and programs including a local produce market, fresh strawberry picking, and exhibition on canola flowers and bees. The Samcheok Tourist Center will also be at the festival to help any tourists to the area visit the variety of tourist attractions nearby such as Haesindang Park, New Millennium Ocean Road, Wife of King Suro Park, and the filming place for “One Fine Spring Day.”
- Samcheock Canola Flower Festival Program:
- Biking through canola flowers and cherry blossom trees
- Photo contest
- Street band performance
- Riding donkeys
- Picking strawberries
- Making strawberry cookies
- Face painting
- Nail art
- Making canola flower rice cake
- Samcheok City photo exhibition
- Wild flower exhibition
- Local food vendors
- Local products sampling and sale
- Much, much more!
- Admission/Participation Fees
- From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Samcheok (삼척).
*Bus schedule (Subject to change)
Seoul Express Bus Terminal: 06:30-23:30, at 40min-1hr intervals
Dong Seoul Bus Terminal: 06:45, 09:00, 10:10, 11:30, 14:00, 15:10, 17:20, 19:40
From Samcheok Express Bus Terminal, go left for 50m towards the four-way intersection.
Cross the street and then turn left towards Samcheok Harbor (삼척항, written on the traffic sign).
Go straight 100m to Gangnam Orthopedic Hospital (강남 정형외과).
Take Bus 24 at the bus stop to the left of the hospital building.
Get off at Hamaengbang-ri (상맹방리) bus stop to arrive at the festival venue.
- Samcheok Tourism: eng.samcheok.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)