VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 08.15.2015 ~ 08.16.2015 Finished
- 41, Museom-ro 234beon-gil, Yeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 영주시 문수면 무섬로234번길 41 (문수면)
- Yeongju Museom Village
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-639-6601
+82-54-639-6064, 6065 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongju-si / Committee of Museom Single-Log Bridge Festival /
- Museom Village is surrounded by water on three sides as it is located at the place where Naeseongcheon Stream (the upstream of Nakdonggang River) and Seocheon Stream meet. The village is called Sudori, or Museom, meaning an island in an inland area. It is a traditional village which has 9 cultural assets including Haeudang (Folk Item No. 92) and Manjukjae (Folk Item No. 93), both of which are beautiful old homes that exhibit the humble formality of old nobles.
The Museom Single-Log Bridge Festival, a landmark celebration of Yeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do is held on October every year. The Museom Single-Log Bridge is one of the 100 most beautiful paths of Korea selected by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. The bridge is only 23-centimeters (nine-inches) wide and it connects the village to the land across the stream surrounding it. The festival aims to preserve and promote the nation’s traditional culture. During the festival, one can enjoy and take part in a wide variety of folk events including the intramural Ssireum (traditional wrestling) Competition, Nongak (farmer’s music) Performance, Satto (chief of the village) Parade, crossing the bridge with a cow, a groom marching on a horse and a traditional wedding ceremony.
- Ssireum wrestling, nongak performance, parade of the magistrates, welcoming visitors, cattle driving, traditional wedding march, funeral ceremony, etc.
- Performance Times
- August 15 - 18:00
August 15 - 10:00-17:00
- From Yeongju Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Yeongju Yeogaek Garage (영주여객).
the Yeongju Yeogaek Garage, take
Bus 20 bound for Museom Village (무섬마을).
* Bus Schedule: runs 4 times
a day / 06:15, 09:50, 15:00, 18:40 (subject to change)
* Inquiries: +82-54-633-0011 (Korean)