Destinations by Region

Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)

  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)
  • Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Gyeongju) (경주 옥산서원)

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
216-27, Oksanseowon-gil, Angang-eup, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 경주시 안강읍 옥산서원길 216-27
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-779-6105
Homepage
guide.gyeongju.go.kr
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
  • Information
    Introduction
    Oksanseowon Confucian Academy (Treasure No. 525) was built to commemorate the scholarly achievements and virtues of Confucian scholar Yi Eon-jeok (1491-1553). Built in 1572 in the fifth year of King Seonjo’s reign, the school was named Oksanseowon in the seventh year of the king’s reign. It is included as one of the 47 Confucian Academies ruled out of the Confucian Academy abolition by Heungseon Daewongun. Even though the building structures don’t carry significant meaning in an architectural aspect, it was built with a distinguished space arrangement method. Dokrakdang, which was Yi Eon-jeok’s house as well as study room, are situated 700m far from the Confucian Academy.

    Telephone
    +82-54-779-6105

    Current Status
    Historic Site No. 154 (designated on March 8, 1967)

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation