Destinations by Region

Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)

  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)
  • Jukseoru Pavilion (삼척 죽서루)

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
37, Jukseoru-gil, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 삼척시 죽서루길 37 (성내동)
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info:
Public Information and Cultural Center: +82-33-570-3224,
Jukseoru Pavilion Management Office:+82-33-570-3670
Homepage
eng.samcheok.go.kr
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
cha.go.kr
(Korean, English)
  • Information
    Introduction
    Jukseoru Pavilion, estimated to have been built around 1266, is one of the eight major attractions of Gwandong District in middle eastern Korea collectively known as Gwandong Palgyeong (eight famous sites). Sitting on the edge of a cliff overlooking Osipcheon Stream, the pavilion incorporates the rocks on the cliff as cornerstones, with a five-girder paljak (ancient-style roof).

    Then, there are 26 signboards hanging from the rafters of the pavilion. The signboards contain inscriptions of famous ancient scholars such as 'Jeilgyeongjeong' ('The best riverside pavilion'; 1662) by Heo Mok, 'Jukseoru' and 'Gwandong Jeilru' ('The best pavilion in Gwandong'; 1711) by Yi Seong-jo, and 'Haeseon Yuhui Jiso' ('The place that marine gods enjoy'; 1837) by Yi Gyu-heon. Others who have left their mark include King Sukjong (1674-1720), King Jeongjo (1776-1800) and Yulgok YiYi (1536-1584). Evidently, Jukseoru Pavilion has served as an inspiration since its establishment, and continues to inspire visitors today through the stunning view of its surrounding nature.

    Telephone
    +82-33-570-3224, +82-33-570-3670

    Current Status
    Treasure No. 213 (Designated on January 21,1963)

    Operating Hours
    March-October: 09:00-18:00
    November-February: 09:00-17:00
    * Last admission: 30min before closing.

    Parking Facilities
    Available

    Parking Fees
    Free

    Restrooms
    Available

    Facilities for the Handicapped
    Wheelchair ramp, restrooms

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation