Destinations by Region

Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)

  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)
  • Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy (녹동서원)

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
218, Urok-gil, Gachang-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu
대구광역시 달성군 가창면 우록길 218
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-53-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-53-767-5770
Homepage
www.dalseong.daegu.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
http://english.cha.go.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
  • Information
    Introduction
    Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy was built in 1789 in honor of General Kim Chung-seon (1571-1642), who contributed greatly to Korea's defense from the Japanese invasions during the Imjin War (1592-1598). The Academy was shut down in 1864, and reinstated in 1885. Then, in 1972, it was moved to its current location. Today, General Kim's tablet is enshrined in this hall, where a memorial service is held every March. Nearby attractions on the grounds of Nokdongseowon include Nokdongsa Temple, Sunguidang Shrine, Hyangyangmun Gate and Chungjeolgwan Hall, which houses rifles used during the Imjin War, articles left by General Kim, as well as literature on the cultural history of Korea and Japan.

    Telephone
    +82-53-767-5770

    Closed
    New Year, Thanksgiving

    Operating Hours
    10:00-18:00 (10:00-17:00 during the winter)

    Parking Facilities
    Available

    Admission Fees
    Free of charge

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation