It is said that to truly understand a country's culture, you must first experience its food. If you want to learn more about Korea's traditional food, there is no better way than to try your hand at making the food yourself. In Seoul, a variety of cooking programs are available for international visitors, offering lessons on how to make popular dishes like kimchi, bulgogi, bibimbap, tteok, and even royal cuisine. The length of each program varies depending on the menu, but most programs can be completed within half a day. Joining one of these programs will make your trip to Korea even more memorable, so give it your all to make some tasty traditional Korean food!
Korean Cooking Programs
- Ongoing programs: Popular Korean dishes, vegetarian dishes, and snack foods (kimchi, bulgogi, japchae, bibimbap, Korean-style fried chicken, haemul pajeon, budaejjigae, jjajangmyun, etc.), team-building cooking class
- Address: Pirun Bldg. 3F, 101, Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 종로구 사직로 101, 필운빌딩 3층)
- Website: koreanrecipe.co.kr (English)
- Inquiries: +82-2-720-6704, +82-2-725-3229 (Korean, English)
- Ongoing programs: Bulgogi, kimchi, haemul pagjeon, japchae, dolsot bibimbap, and more
- Address: 3F, 12, Samil-daero 30-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 종로구 삼일대로 30길 12 3층 온고 푸드)
- Website: www.ongofood.com (Korean, English)
- Inquiries: +82-2-3446-1607 (Korean, English)
- Ongoing programs: Samgyetang, kimchi, Korean home cooking (kimchi jjigae, bulgogi, haemul pajeon), Korean street foods (tteokbokki, gimbap), Korean desserts (tteok, traditional tea)
- Address: 35-1, Yagnyeongjungang-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 동대문구 약령중앙로 35-1)
- Website: www.5-tastes.com (Korean, English)
- Inquiries: +82-10-5060-5250 (Korean, English, Chinese) /
firstname.lastname@example.org (Korean, English)
Language assistance may not be available depending on staff schedule.
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
This page was last updated on January 29, 2020, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.