Photo: Map of Pyeongchang Korail Pass (Credit: Korea Tourism Organization)
KORAIL plan to sell Pyeongchang Korail Pass that commemorates the 2018 winter sports events. A foreigner-exclusive Pyeongchang Korail Pass is a rail pass that is for international visitors that would like to travel around Korea including Pyeongchang, Gangneung and Jeongseon. The sale period of the pass will be from October 10, 2017 to January 31, 2018, but might change under certain circumstances.
Pyeongchang Korail Pass is only available for those that entered Korea after August 1, 2017. The 5-day and 7-day pass can be used unlimited times on all Korail trains between February to March, 2018. The two different passes are divided into Adult (26 years and over), Youth (13-25 years old, or International Student Identify Card holder), Child (4-12 years old) and Saver (Groups of 2-5 people with same itinerary).
The holder of Pyeongchang Korail Pass can also enjoy free City Bus Tours, transportation card, 10% discount on AREX luggage storage and transfer service, and much more. For additional information on purchase and usage of the pass, please check the leaflet below.
With all the benefits inside one card, international travelers are bound to enjoy more affordable trip around Korea.
Foreigner-exclusive PyeongChang Korail Pass
☞ Sales period: October 10, 2017-January 31, 2018
☞ How to use: Purchase the PyeongChang Korail Pass on the website and make a seat reservation for the train
☞ KORAIL PASS Type
- 5 day pass: Adult (168,000 won), Youth (134,000 won), Child (84,000 won), Saver (151,000 won)
- 7 day pass: Adult (195,000 won), Youth (156,000 won), Child (97,000 won), Saver (176,000 won)
☞ Pyeongchang Korail Pass Information
- Please input the starting date when purchasing the pass (The date can be changed 1 time)
- You can make seat reservation 30 days prior to your departure date. (You can also make reservations at the train stations, but we recommend making reservations ahead) (The seat reservation dates subject to possible changes, we recommend checking the website periodically).
-Seat reservation for Seoul-Gangneung KTX during the 2018 Winter Olympics period (February 01- 28) can be made 2 months prior to your departure date. (For inquiries, please use the Korail Q&A board.)
- For reservation during Seollal (Lunar New Year) period February 14-18, 2018 the reservation service will open on January 16, 2018 at 16:00 for pass holders. For single ticket reservation, the reservation will be available from January 16-17.
- You must hold the pass and printed train tickets at all time
- Printed Pass, printed train ticket, and passport will be checked inside the train
- Transportation card and coupons can be collected after designating the pick-up area and date * Pick one of the designated pick-up area: Seoul Station(Information Center, Travel Center), Incheon International Airport (Travel Center), Yongsan Station (Information Center), Cheongnyangni Station (Customer Support Office) Busan Station (Information Center)
- Benefits of Pyeongchang Korail Pass will only apply to those that bought the pass between October 10, 2017 to January 10, 2018.
- Fee applies for cancelation (Cannot cancel after the selected date has passed)
- We recommend checking the Stations where each game is played prior to departure.
☞ Special Benefit for pass holders (Free City Tour Bus coupon)
Seoul Highlight Bus: www.highlightbus.co.kr
Seoul City Tour Bus: www.seoulcitybus.com
Daegu City Tour: daegucitytour.dgsisul.or.kr
Jeju City Tour: www.jejugoldenbus.com
Busan City Tour: www.citytourbusan.com
Incheon City Tour: www.travelicn.or.kr
Gyeongju City Tour: www.cmtour.co.kr/tour/
☞ Pyeongchang Korail Pass Leaflet: Download
☞ Pyeongchang Korail Pass website: www.letskorail.com/pyeongchang (English only)
☞ KORAIL Inquiries: +82-1599-7777 (Korean, English)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Information courtesy of KORAIL