|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Deokmanjae is a traditional Korean house that has withstood the passing of time and has been standing on the same site for more than half a century. “Deokmanjae” in Sino-Korean characters translate to “a house full of virtue.” The 60-year-old house has been renovated and currently features seven guest rooms and a brighter ambiance. Upon entering the house, a charming madang (yard) covered with pebbles will welcome visitors. Both modern and traditional items can be found all over the house. The place is also more calm and peaceful as it is located away from the main area of the Hanok Village.
Deokmanjae’s guests include both local and international tourists. The friendly and helpful staff can speak English, Chinese and Japanese. A brief tour is also offered to foreigners staying at the house. Hands-on programs such as wearing a hanbok, maedeup (traditional Korean knot) craft, and making hanji fans are also offered.
|Number of Guestrooms|
|Room Amenities (Colored backgrounds designate availability)|
* The room rate is the lowest price for this accommodation. Rates may vary according to season, room type and whether or not guests are entitled to discount rates. Please make sure to check the exact rate in advance before making your reservations. The room rate listed above is subject to change.
|10% discount during the off-peak weason (weekdays)|
|Public parking lot at the Hanok Village|
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Assistance for Foreigners (Available Languages)|
|Available in English, Japanese and Chinese|
- Take an express bus bound for Jeonju Express Bus Terminal from Seoul Express Bus Terminal (Honam Line), Dong Seoul Bus Terminal or Sangbong Bus Terminal.
- Or, take an intercity bus from Seoul Nambu Terminal to Jeonju Intercity Bus Terminal.
- Take a taxi from the bus terminal to Samdoheon (about 10min / 3.6km away).
[From Jeonju Experss Bus terminal or Jeonju Intercity Bus Terminal]
- Walk toward Geumamgwangjang Sageori (intersection).
- Cross the street and take Bus 752.
- Get off at Dongbu Market Bus Stop (6 bus stops away).
- Walk in the opposite direction of the bus (toward Dongbusijang Sageori).
- The the right road and keep going straight until you reach an intersection.
- Continue walking (past the intersection) and turn left into the alley ahead.
- Deokmanjae is located at the end of this alley.